By Donna Fowler
Whether you were buying or selling a home ─ or just kicking back and enjoying life, 2017 was good year for Denverites according to the many “best of” lists put together by various real estate and financial planning websites and media outlets.
For instance, according to SmartAsset, Denver was No. 1 on its Best Cities to Sell a House list. Zillow ranked Denver third on its Top 10 Sellers Markets list and ninth on its Hottest Housing Markets list. The Mile High City garnered the No. 10 spot on Wallethub’s listing of last year’s 300 Best Real Estate Markets.
Denver also scored well in quality of life, earning the top spot on SmartAsset’s Best Cities to Be a Homeowner list, while U.S. News & World Report ranked us No. 2 out of 100 of the Best Places to Live. WalletHub listed Denver fifth out of the 50 Happiest States in America.
Some of the reasons why Denver ranks so high in happiness might be found in rankings on other interesting lists from 2017, such as:
- 11 out of 20 Most Fun Cities in America (WalletHub.com)
- 5 out of 100 Most Dog-Friendly Cities in America (SmartAsset.com)
- 7 out of 100 Best Cities for Foodies (SmartAsset.co,)
- 13 out of 228 Best Cities for Outdoor Activities in America (Niche.com)
- 2 out of 10 Top Beer Cities (Infogroup.com)