Preparing for your search
Traditional banks, lending institutions, and credit unions offer a wide variety of financing options for homebuyers. Many of these are subject to terms of specific lenders and require a range of fees. Following is information about the most common types of mortgage loans. Bradford Real Estate will assess your needs and recommend a lender that meets your requirements and goals.
- Select a broker you can trust, someone who will listen to your needs and produce results. Please read Why Choose Bradford for more about Bradford Real Estate’s advantages.
- Sit down and arrange your finances so that you may budget your purchase accordingly and comfortably.Check your credit to discover any blemishes or mistakes on your record that may have negative impact.
- Work with your broker to determine your specific requirements, including maximum monthly mortgage payments, preferred home style, amenities, and acceptable neighborhoods.
- Make a list of necessities and a list of negotiable items in your search.
- Drive through unfamiliar neighborhoods at varying times to determine your comfort level.
- Assemble your tax records, landlord references or rental agreements for the past three years, as well as pay stubs and utility bills for the past three months. You will need these to establish credibility, stability, and security with your lender.
- Prequalify for your mortgage loan with the lender. This will provide a tremendous competitive edge in negotiations.